Wednesday, September 26, 2007
The University of Montana Grizzly football season always means big business for Missoula. Reporter Rob Ashley and photographer John Zimmerman take a look at what the biggest Griz weekend means for local businesses. (Click video link below.)
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Monday, September 24, 2007
Griz fans might want to listen up, because this year, the Griz mascot is once again in the running to be Capital One's mascot of the year. Reporter Amanda Harris and photographer Brandon McDonald spent some time with Monte to find out if he's got what it takes to be a national champion. (Click on the link below.)
October first marks the one year anniversary for Montana's Clean Indoor Air Act. The Act forces smokers outside and prompted some to quit. UM News Reporter, Kerry McKay and photographer Layne Fisher discovered how the University can help. (Click video link below.)
Despite regulations, smoking near buildings still frustrates some students.
(Click Video Link Below.)
Custodians are complaing and it is not about taking out the trash. UM News reporter Lauren Pedrick and photographer Alex Krigsvold found why custodians want better wages. (Click on the Link Below.)
Friday, September 21, 2007
-Reporter Amanda Harris and photographer Brandon MacDonald profile a popular Missoula personality as he is up for a national award.
-Reporter Kerry McKay and photographer Layne Fisher take a look into the University's policy on smoking on campus.
-Reporter Lauren Pedrick and photograhper Alex Krigsvold look at how student janitors feel about their wages.
-Repotrter Rob Ashley and photographer John Zimmerman look at how Missoula's economy is impacted by Homecoming weekend.
-Reporter Irina Cates talks about security during a busy Homecoming week.
KPAX-TV will air UM News on "Montana This Morning" on September 25.
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Reporter Megan Taylor and photographer Cody Munson went to check out the Buddy Walk and how it was started.
Some University of Montana students are getting their hands dirty to help people they've never met. They're working on a farm sponsored by the Program in Ecological Agriculture and Society.
The PEAS farm provides fresh produce to the Missoula Food Bank.
Energy reduction and conservation efforts are at the forefront of todays hottest issues, and energy efficient light bulbs, washers, and water heaters are more abundant than ever.
Reporter Maritsa Georgiou and photographer Ryan Corwin take a closer look at the University of Montana's energy supply on campus.
Monday, September 17, 2007
Friday, September 14, 2007
- Don't have a ticket for the Elton John Concert? Reporter Kerry McKay and Jason Hendrickson discover other ways to obtain tickets.
- Reporter Amanda Harris and Photographer Layne Fisher are investigating birth control coupons.
- Reporter Wayne Stell and Photographer Brandon MacDonald are profiling two soccer players who have something in common.
- Reporter Brandon Gondeiro takes a deeper look to the reopening and remodeling of the international house.
- Find out what president Reporter Irina Cates and Photographer Chris Spencer followed this week on UM NEWS.
KPAX will air this show on Montana This Morning September 18, 2007
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Maintenance crews working at the Missoula International Airport. 2007
Students enjoying Greek Life's annual Rush. 2007
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Maryann Schulz is a regular on the University's late night bus system.
Monday, September 10, 2007
Miller Hall at the University of Montana. 2007
To learn more about campus safety and ways to become safer click on Public Safety
Thursday, September 6, 2007
- Reporter Wayne Stell and Photographer Chris Spencer investigate the changes for this year's Fraternity Rush Week. (Photo above)
- Reporter Amanda Harris and Photographer Alex Krigsvold report on the University's Campus gun policy.
- Reporter Kim Cosgrove and Photographer Brandon MacDonald explain the late night bus system called UDash.
- Reporter Brandon Gondiero and Photographer Aricka Turner report on how the closure of the Missoula International Airport affects student athletes.
- Reporter Lauren Pedrick and Photographer Jason Hendrickson explore the University of Montana's campus security.